Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Courage - a Memorial Day PTU tut.

** WIN! tubes by reading my May 1st post, just below this one **

As a child of the 60's, the Vietnam War was as much a part of my childhood as the banana seat on my Stingray bicycle was. It was a part of my every day, and my uncle died there as did my best friend's brother. It's perhaps for these reasons that the real meaning of Memorial Day is extremely important to me.  Sadly, a good many Americans haven't a clue as to what the day really means, so bear with me as I hop on a soap box for a paragraph, ok 2 paragraphs.
Here is an excerpt from the office of the White House Press Secretary from 2005:
 As Memorial Day approaches, it is time to pause and consider the true meaning of this holiday. Memorial Day represents one day of national awareness and reverence, honoring those Americans who died while defending our Nation and its values. While we should honor these heroes every day for the profound contribution they have made to securing our Nation's freedom, we should honor them especially on Memorial Day.

We now ask that all Americans come together to recognize how fortunate we are to live in freedom and to observe a universal ``National Moment of Remembrance'' at 3pm on each Memorial Day. 
Further suggestions given are a moment of silence; the playing of Taps; visit a soldiers grave, anything you deem appropriate to their memories.

Certainly enjoy your BBQ's and shopping Memorial Day sales, as these are all part of the freedoms that our fallen Veterans fought for in the first place. But just take literally one moment of your celebrations with friends and family to honor them as well.  You can begin early, by making this Memorial Day tag to "wear" all month long.
"Courage"


Tutorial Abbreviations
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
AS = Animation Shoppe
You will need to gather:

**Patriotic tube of choice - I've used Spazz' beautifully rendered Gloria which you can find at her website HERE.  Please don't use without a license.
**Scrap kit "Deployment" by HorsePlay Pastures. Sadly, this Designer is retiring at the end of this month (5/14), but she is selling all of her kits now for just $1, so it's a good time to snag this one. 
**Filters Eye Candy 3.1 (or any version with both Glow & Drop Shadow).
**Mask - 136 Insatiable Dreams mask which you can find HERE (scroll down for Masks 5).
**Animation - a FTU Simone animation - SimoneAni69 HERE.
**Font of choice.  I've used AL Constitution.
**Lyrics to "God Bless the USA" which I pre-made for you HERE.


1. Start a new image, 650x650 and f/f with white. Add a new layer and select all. Open p4, and c/p into selection.  Select none.  Layers, find 136 Insatiable Dreams mask and apply it, merge group.  Duplicate this layer and merge down.
2. Open El59 and c/p as a new layer, moving it to the left and changing the blend mode to overlay.  Duplicate it and mirror/flip. 
3. Open and r/s El11 70%, c/p as a new layer, mirror and move to the far left (see my tag for placement). Change the blend mode to overlay.
4. Open El12 and c/p as a new layer moving it to the far right, letting it overhang the mask.  Highlight the merged mask layer, s/sa/fl/defl and invert. Highlight the El12 layer and hit delete 3 times, select none.  Change blend mode to overlay and duplicate.
5. Open El9, c/p as a new layer moving it up to the top of the image.  Change the blend mode to burn and duplicate.
6. Open El47. c/p as a new layer and mirror. Lower the opacity to 88.
7. Open the included lyrics from my zip file and c/p as a new layer. Lower the opacity to 47.
8. Open your tube, r/s the longest side to 625 pixels, c/p as a new layer and add Xero Radiance effects with these settings:
9. Duplicate and add a Gaussian Blur of 5, change the blend mode to Screen. Using Eye Candy's drop shadow, add a heavy shadow of 10, 10, opacity 35, direction 355 on the original tube layer.
10. Open El52 and c/p as a new layer, moving down a teensy bit so you can see the text "God Bless the USA" from the lyrics layer.  Duplicate this layer as well and merge down.
11. Add your artist's copyright information just above the lyrics layer in your layer palette, and add your name as well. If you're not going to animate, delete the white background layer and save as a png.

To Animate:
12. Hide both tube layers and your merged Courage layers.  Go to Edit, copy merged, open Animation Shop and paste as a new animation.  
13. Open SimoneAni69 in A/S and note there are 26 frames.  Move back to your image and duplicate frames until you have 26.  Move to the sparkle animation, select all and copy.  Move to your tag, select all and paste into selection. Hold it until you see the stars and place them below the 'God Bless the USA' lyrics layer (right where you pasted "Courage".
14. Move back to psp, Layers, view, invert and again, copy merged.  Go back to Animation Shop and paste this as a new animation, duplicating to 26 layers as well.  Select all and copy, move to your background image and paste into selection. Save as a gif, and enjoy your new Memorial Day tag.
And your holiday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun