Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Thursday, May 1, 2014
Grand Opening Freebie, Tutorial and a WIN!

I'm very excited about my new blog and I hope you'll enjoy your visit and add me to your favs so you can come back again and again.  I've recently started writing FTU tutorials & designing FTU scrap kits, both of which seem to be enjoyed by those that have found them, which gave me the idea of opening a blog to advertise them - one stop shopping so to speak for you.

Today I have BOTH for you, and a chance to win a gift certificate to your favorite store!
Here is my newest FTU tutorial - 

'Staches & Glasses
click the title to be taken to the tut



You can find the FTU kit I designed used in the tut, along with 
many other goodies at the 
Creative Addictions Attitude Blog
(be sure to leave a note of thanks wherever you download)


Not many things make a tagger happier than to WIN! stuff, am I right?  Periodically I'm going to give you a chance to do just that right here on my blog, and we're going to start things off today with a 

GRAND OPENING WIN!

All you need to do is answer the following questions in a comment after this post, and you can win 3 tubes from the same store of your choice!  There are no right or wrong answers, xthis is just my way of taking a poll to find out what you like best in scrap kits & tuts so I can create/write what you enjoy best.  Pretty easy huh?  Just be sure you answer every question, leave your email address where the comment box asks for it, and your name will go in the pot.  The winner will be chosen by a random generator.  This WIN! will close out at midnight on May 15th, so get your answers in early and spread the word to your friends!

(copy & paste from here)
1-Favorite colors in scrap kits?
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")?
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific)
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps?
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates?
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol)

There you have it - good luck and thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the tutorial and your new FTU kit.  

10 comments:

debra said...

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? turquoise/teal/aquas

2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? florals

3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Amy Marie...love the realistic look some of her elements have

4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? With scraps

5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? Either..no preference



6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) myself ..I try to do tuts that teach something...not just copy and paste

Gwils said...

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? Purple, pink, Halloween hehehe, black, red...omg all colors lol
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? I like glitter frames, metal frames, flower frames, just not plain frames. They are ok but well you know :)
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Dee Design post is one of my fav's...she has pretty colors, birds, flowers, glitter a lot to work with.
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? I like both. No scraps more for banner sets but I like scraps for FB timeline covers and tags.
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? I prefer without but that is me :)
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) - Me lol. I like tutorial writers who explain how to do things.
Email: gwils2007@gmail.com.
Thanks hun for this and awesome blog :)

Moon said...

This new tut is AWESOME Shirl! Can't wait to give it a whirl. (Ha! that rhymed)

Blog looks great my friend :)

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? pastel pink, soft yellow, black, purple, & light aqua blue
2-Favorite types of frames? I personally like frames that are old fashioned type looking frames with scroll work on them (hope that makes sense)
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? Dees' Sign Depot - love the realistic scrap kits, with lots of birds, flowers, soft pretty colors, antique looking elements
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? definitely using scrap kits
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? either or...doesn't matter
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? Bevie from HorsePlaysPasture (wahhhh..she's retiring). Her tags are always so pretty and real looking and well not too busy! I don't care for tags that have too much going on where they look jumbled.

Hugs,

Moon

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? Purple, pink, teal, soft blues, yellow, red
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? Round or square joined frames (hope that makes sense), floral, ribbon frames, metallic, and wood
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Tasha's playground. I like the quality of the kits, they look realistic and have different colors.
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? I prefer scraps.
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? It really depends on my mood. I can do either.
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) I don't know if she's still around but Schweetie is my all time fave, you of course (not sucking up lol) and I also like Vabys.

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? Pink, purples, black , Red

2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? I like collage type frames also ones that are unique not just round.

3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Bibi kits are awesome I love the elements in the kits, I also just bought a couple from hanias designs, there is a lot to work with in the kits.

4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? I prefer scraps

5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? either one is fine

6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) hmm haven't done a tut in a while but my favorite when I do go looking to do a tut Is http://insatiabledreams.net/tutorials.htm

don't see a spot for email could you use lady21r@hotmail.com I prefer this one thanks

Marilyn B said...

copy & paste from here)
1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? purples, pinks, greens
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? round ones with spatters of color and swirls in metalic colors
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Amy Marie, I love her scraps because she has a so many different elements in each kit plus she has clusters.
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? Scraps
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? tuts with templates but also like tut without templates.
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) Would it be you...LOL!!!

Marilyn

steve c said...

Lmao Steve isn't saying Kim from CA is :)
I can't remember my Gmail account

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? Any & all :) Its good to have different coloured kits
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? I love all different frames & i prefer them not to be too fussy either so i can add my own touch, just something simple like a gem frame or something, how helpful was that lol
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) I love Bibi & Nicky inzpired kits. They are always pretty & have lots of things to use & also have different elements then a lot of kits, plus the themes are good
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? I would rather have a tut with no scraps & something in it that you might be able to learn something different in PSP. If its a scrap tut i tend to just look at the tag & do my own thing
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? Either way is fine with me, its good to have a mix up
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) Honestly i don't have a favourite as i rarely read tutorials, as above i just tend to look at the tag & do my own thing with the stuff provided. The only time i read a tut is when it is using different effects. Ooo i do love Cat & Schweetieangel's tuts from Insatiable dreams as they are fun & different

Thanks hunni for the questions, made me have a think for the day lol
I will PM you my addy if i win :)

Lisa Auty said...

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? - Well i'm a goth girl so either purple or black or red n black are my ideal kit colours but then saying that, i love the teals and baby blues aswell lol
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? - I like different frames, ones that can be used vertical or horizontally - love swirls and doodles
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) - I love Abstract Creations, she is so unique and can tell puts loads of effort into the kits she creates, plus she is an amazing person!
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? - I like both - depending on the mood im in and the mojo i have, i either follow tuts to the dot or get the general idea and then go my own way on it
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates? - Without! I like tagging with temps but as for tuts, id prefer not
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (no sucking up - random generator remember? lol) - Erm thats a hard question lol - i like Fi, as she does old school tuts

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck all!!
My e-mail addy is lisa.auty@yahoo.com

Lisa

karen said...

1-Favorite colors in scrap kits? I like Green purple pink, blues
2-Favorite types of frames? (be specific, ie not just "round", but "round, metal with swirls")? metal gold or black with swirls, stones, flowers, extras on them
3-Who is your favorite PTU Designer & why? (again, be specific) Gothic Inspiration. Love all the elements,, how they seem to have texture, and look real
4-Regarding tuts, do you prefer those using scraps or no scraps? Like both, been playing in psp for so long before scraps now it seems hard not to use them. Yes i do prefer use scraps
5-Do you prefer tuts with or without the use of templates?. I like both,
6-Who is your favorite TUT writer & why? (oohbabelicious hers are easy to understand, and follow

Congrats hun, can't wait to try them......

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun