Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Monday, June 16, 2014

June Adventure

Tube with closeup- I've used a beautiful, multi-layered new tube by Spazz called "June", which can be purchased at her store HERE. Please don't use without a license.  
Scrapkit - "Sea Adventure", a fun and versatile new collab kit between Spazz and Kizzed by Kelz, also available at the Spazz store.
Mask - my own 'SquirrelyMask09' which can be found on the Creative Addictions Attitude blog
Filter (optional) - EyeCandy Perspective Shadow (I use 3.1)
Font - I've used my favorite font, Pablo  

-------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations:  
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste as a new layer
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-----------------------------------------
**Add a d/s of 2, 2, 35, 6.00 throughout except where noted**

1. Open a new image 650x650 and f/f with white.  Open your tube, duplicate and close the original. If you're using the same tube, r/s it 50%, then duplicate again and r/s this one to be 580 in height. 

2. Open E40 and r/s 85%, c/p moving them slightly down.
  
3. Open E123 and r/s 85%.  C/p moving slightly to the left. Do not add a d/s to this layer

4. C/p 119 and move this slightly to the right and drop below the rocks in your layers palette. Do not add a d/s to this layer either.

5. Open E26 and r/s 85%, c/p above rock layer.  Grab your tube closeup and c/p so the face fits in the shell back, change the blend mode to overlay. Highlight your shell layer and s/sa/fl/defl and invert, highlight the closeup layer again and tap delete.  Select none.

6. C/p your tube as a new layer now, positioning her so she sits on the bottom portion of the shell.

7. Open E18 and c/p as a new layer dropping it under the rocks in your layers palette. Move it to the right side of your tag. Do not add a d/s.  Now open E36 and c/p dropping it under the wave layer in your palette.  I duplicated it & moved one layer a bit lower to make it a bit thicker. No d/s here either.

8. Open E4 and r/s 50%, c/p above the shell layer and move to the far left. Open 
E5 and r/s 50% twice, c/p as a new layer moving in front of the coral.  Now open both 
KPK102 & KPK103 and r/s both 35% and c/p as new layers, the orange one should be on top because of it's d/s.

9. Open E57 and r/s 50% twice, c/p as a new layer moving it to the right side & down. Since this little guy is standing up all proud, I gave him a perspective shadow.


10 Open E114 and rotate right.  C/p moving it under your tube. Open E125 and r/s 75%, c/p on top of your tube layer.

11. Finally we'll add the mask.  Highlight the white background layer, add a new layer and select all.  Open KBK pp6 and paste into selection. Apply the SquirrelyMask09 and merge group.

12. Resize now if desired.  Close off the white background & mask layers and merge visible.  Duplicate the merged tag and add a Gaussian blur of 5.00 to the duplicated layer.  Change the blend mode to soft light. Unhide the mask layer and merge visible.  Delete the white layer.  

13. Add your artist's copyright and your name.  I hope you enjoyed this tut. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun