Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Moments We Love - PTU summer tut

I've got a quick and easy tut for you tonight, using an Oh-SO pretty new collab scrapkit that you can get free with a $10.00 purchase over at Spazz' store.  The kit is called Memories of You and it has a wonderfully summer feeling to it, with both flowers and beach-y elements abounding. 

I have another tutorial written with this kit, "Graceful Marika".

The Moments We Love


Close Up Tube - I've used a beauty from Jennifer Janesko, which can be purchased at CDO .  Please don't use without a license
Scrap Kit - Memories of You, a gorgeous store collab kit between Spazz, Scrappin Krazy Designs and Kizzed by Kelz.  This kit is FREE with a $10 purchase from the store right now. 
Mask - I've used one from Wee Scottish Lass - Mask_WSL99
Filter - any filter with a perspective shadow, I've used Eye Candy 3
Font - I've used Sweetly Broken.
-------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations:  
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = dropshadow
f/f = flood fill
-----------------------------------------
1. Open a new image 650x600 and f/f with white, you can r/s later if you want. Add a new layer and select all.  Open P07 and paste it into the selection, select none.  Layers, find the Mask_WSL99 & apply, merge group. Open E01, c/p as a new layer and move it to the left.

2.  Open KBK-P6, duplicate (close original) and r/s 30%. Open your face tube, resize to 240 at it's widest, c/p as a new layer onto the beach scene paper (P6). Lower the opacity of the tube to 50 so you can see the scene easily behind it. Move the tube so  Using your freeform selections tool with feather set to 3, "cut out" the bottom portion of her face along the sand line.



Tap delete and then select none, bring the opacity to 68 and change the blend mode to hardlight, duplicate and change to blend mode to screen opacity 50. Open MOYE60 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer and position it so the left upper handrail of the element is on the bottom left corner of this image (refer to my example).  Once set, use your crop tool and snap crop it on merged opague.  Merge all.  C/p this image onto your tag, moving it towards the right.

3. Open KBK-E17 & KBK-E24 and r/s both 75%; c/p E17 and move it over till it frames your tube/beach scene image, add a d/s of 5, 5, 35, 5.00. Move E24 to the left of the frame, lining up the bottoms of each element. 

4. Now it's all just copy & paste, refer to my example as needed - 

Open KBK-E29, r/s 75% and free rotate right 7.00, repeat d/s and postition over face.
Open KBK-E12, r/s 50%, c/p as a new layer, move to the right, on top of the pink frame.     Add a d/s of 5, 5, 28, 10.00
Open MOY-E53 and r/s 40% and c/p as a new layer moving it to the left side of the  wooden frame. Add a d/s of 5, 5, 35, 5.00.
Open ele16, c/p as a new layer moving to the bottom.
Open ele33 and r/s 75%, c/p as a new layer moving it to the bottom and over to the right.
Open ele22 and r/s 40%, c/p as a new layer moving it below the starfish. Add a d/s of 5, 5, 28, 10.00.
Open MOY-E56, r/s 75%, c/p as a new layer moving to the right bottom.
Open MOY-E36, c/p as a new layer and duplicate. Position these two so that they're "climbing" up the left side of the wooden frame.  Add a d/s of 5, 5, 28, 10.00 to each.
Open KBK-E6 & KBK-E7, r/s 40%, c/p as a new layers and move to the far left, repeat d/s. Put the flip flops layer under the coral layer in your layer palette.
Open E51, r/s 50%, c/p as a new layer, move to be under the flip flops on the image, add a perspective shadow as so:

5. Grab your text tool with your chosen font, and type "The", convert to raster and place above 'moments'; then type "we", covert and place between 'moments & love'.

6. Resize now if you'd like, then add your artist's copyright info and your name, delete the white background layer, save as a png file and enjoy your new tag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun