Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Monday, December 8, 2014

Dressing for Christmas - a PTU tut


Tube - Spazz' new tube "Vixen" is super sexy but also very sweet, which can be found HERE at S&Co. She'd be great for Valentines Day or anytime tags too.  Please don't use without a license.
Scrap Kit - I've used 'Holiday Sweet', an absolutely precious Christmas kit by Kizzed by Kelz which can also be purchased at S&Co. HERE. It's filled with holiday sweets, none of which I've used lol.
Mask - WSL_Mask327
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 and Drop Shadow (optional, but it's what my d/s are made with in my tuts)
Font - I've used Rainy Wind

-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise directed, add an EyeCandy dropshadow of distance 5, blur 5, opacity 29 
with color #000000.

1. Open a new image 800 x 800 and f/f with white, we can crop and r/s later. Open paper 17 and c/p as a new layer. Find your mask WSL_Mask327 and apply, merge group, duplicate & mirror, merge down.

2. Open elem 12 and c/p as a new layer, free rotate 75 degrees right, duplicate and mirror. Duplicate the right sided frame again and free rotate 15 right.  Open the closeup of your tube and mirror, tap inside the frame on the right side with your freeform selections tool, modify by expanding by 5. Open paper24 and highlight your mask layer in your layers palette.  C/p first paper 24 and then your closeup tube onto your tag positioning it how you like in your frame, invert, delete both layers and select none.  Repeat this with the left & middle frames, but use a different part of the close up tube, select none.  Change the opacity on your left & middle closeup tube layers to luminance legacy, the right to hard light.  Add a d/s of 2, 4, 40 to all 3 frames.  

3. Open elem44 and c/p as a new layer above the frames.  Open your main tube, r/s to about 625 height, c/p as a new layer and leave her in the center making her bum even with the bottom of the frames.  Duplicate and add a Gaussian Blur of 5 to your tube, change the blend mode to soft light.  Now add a d/s of 7, 7, 30 to your original tube layer.

4. Now we'll decorate the tag......
:::Open elem32  and r/s 55%.  C/p as a new layer just under your tube in your layers palette and move it to the left side
:::Open elem36  and r/s 75%.  If using the same tube as me, colorise this element with hue 253 & saturation 232. C/p as a new layer moving it the left of the tube and above the trees in your layers palette.  Add a d/s of direction 193, 10, 10, 29.
:::Open elem 85 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer just below the tube, move it to the bottom right to cover the base of the trees.  Duplicate and bring this layer over to the far left.  Add a d/s of direction 336, 10, 10, 29 and direction 193, 10, 10, 29 to the left sided ornaments.
:::Open elem9  & r/s 50%. C/p above your tube and move it to the bottom right.  
:::Open elem43 and r/s 30%. C/p as a new layer above the right side ornament layer.  
:::Open elem72 and c/p as a new layer just below your main tube layer, move the bubbles to the left side.
:::Open elem103 and r/s 75%. C/p as a new layer moving it to the top of your tag.  S/sa/fl/defl and modify expand by two.  Add a new layer and drop below the text.  F/f with a gradient made from 2 colors in your tag and add your d/s.  Add noise at 100% to the gradient layer, add d/s.

4. Crop and/or r/s your tag now, add your artist's © info and your name, and you're done.  I hope you've enjoyed creatiing your new holiday tag!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun