Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Saturday, January 17, 2015

FTU tut - Creativity


Tube - "Gabrielle" is a dazzling new tube by Spazz with tons of layers, you can get her HERE
Scrap Kits - FTU "A Beautiful Life" cluster freebie by Kimeric Kreations HERE
.   .   .   .   .   .Raspberry Road's "Burning Love" freebie HERE
.   .   .   .   .   ."Be My Guest" freebie kit by Mediterranka Designs HERE
:::Please be sure to thank these wonderful designers so they continue to offer freebies:::
Mask - MPM_mask82 by Millie which can be found HERE. Place into your masks folder.
Word Art - This FTU beauty is from Kimeric Kreations HERE
Filter - Eye Candy 3.1 drop shadow - optional but I write all of my tuts with this.
-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
A/S= Animation Shop
-------------------------------------------------

1. Open a new image 700 x 700 and f/f with white, we can crop and r/s later. Add a new layer and select all. Open the "Be My Guest" kit and grab paper 5, c/p it into selection, select none.  Find the MPM_mask82 and apply, merge group. Select all again and add a new raster layer

2. Open the Burning Love freebie and grab the paper, c/p in selection, select none. Open mask 2 and r/s to 700 pixels width, c/p as a new layer.  S/sa/fl/defl/invert and highlight the paper layer and tap delete, then invert again. Open your close-up tube and c/p it positioning where you like it, invert and tap delete, select none. Change the blend mode to screen and merge down.  Delete the original black mask layer.

3. Open the FTU Kimeric Kreations word art and r/s to 550 wide, c/p as a new layer.  Move this a little bit to the right.  Move your close up a little bit towards the left.  Open your main tube and r/s it to about 450 in height, mirror.  C/p it as a new layer, dropping it below the word art layer and moving it the far right so you can see the close-up and the bottom of the tube is covered.  I ended up with a few white dots on my main tube's face from the word art, so just erase those. Add an EyeCandy dropshadow of direction 218, distance 5, blur 10, opacity 34 with color #000000.

4. Crop and/or r/s as needed, add your artist's copyright information and your name, and you're done!  How's that for a quick and easy tut with gorgeous results!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun