Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Love Yourself - a Valentines tut

Once in a great while, I get inspired to make a template, a mask, or some other tagging goodie to go with a certain tube I come across.  This tube screamed to me with her cute and sassy attitude, so I made this template to write this tut with.  I hope you like it, leave me some lovin' if you do!!



Tube - a real cutie by Andy Cooper called "Kiss Me", which you can purchase at S&Co. HERE 
Scrap Kit - Bibi's Collection matching scrap kit "Red Kiss" which you can also find at S&Co. HERE (63% off sale on now too!!)  
Mask - DBV109, a mask by Vaybs that you can find HERE 
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 Glow & Drop Shadow, EC5000 glass
Font -  Tangerine XCn   
Supplies - My own "Love Yourself" template HERE
-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise directed, add an EyeCandy drop shadow of 
direction 305, distance 3, blur 6, opacity 30 with color #000000.

1. Open my included template, duplicate and close the original.  Delete the credits layer and 19, 20 & 21.  Above the white background layer add a new layer and f/f with black.  Apply the DBV109 and merge group.

2. Open paper 1 and r/s 75%, rotate right.  Select layer 7 in your layers palette, s/sa/fl/defl and c/p the paper as a new layer, invert and delete, invert again. Add a new layer and open elem 13, c/p into selection, select none. On both the paper layer and the city layer, add a Eye Candy Glow of 2, fat.

3. Merge template layers 3 & 4 together, s/sa/fl/defl.  Open paper 5, r/s 55% and c/p as a new layer, invert and tap delete. Now merge template layers 5 & 6 together, s/sa/fl/defl.  Open paper 4, r/s 75% and c/p as a new layer, invert and tap delete.

4. Highlight layer 9 and s/sa/fl/defl. Open your closeup tube, mirror and c/p as a new layer positioning it so the face fits in the oval, invert and delete. On your tube, add Xero Porcelain with default layers, except make all channels 0. Now add Eye Candy 5 Glass - Set your Settings to clear with no drop shadow, change the Basic bevel to 41, and leave all of the other settings at their default. Open and r/s elem 60% and c/p as a new layer on top of your tube closeup, add your d/s. Open your main tube and r/s it as needed.  C/p it as a new layer to the right of the frame layer and duplicate. On this layer add a Gaussian Blur of 5 and change the blend mode to soft light. On the original tube layer add a d/s of 5, 10, 40.

5. Highlight layer 2, s/sa/fl/defl and add a new layer. Open paper 2 and c/p into selection, select none. Repeat on layers 18 & 14 using paper 2, and apply Eye Candy glass to these layers as well. Add a heavy d/s to the letters of  5, 5, 50.  Highlight layer 1, s/sa//fl/defl and add a new layer. Open paper 8, r/s by 50% and c/p as a new layer, invert and tap delete, select none.  Duplicate, mirror and flip and add d/s.

6. Now let's decorate your tag:
::::Elem 31, r/s 65% and c/p below the main tube layer.
::::Elem 131, c/p above your text layer and dangle it from the "f", duplicate, mirror and dangle this one from the "L"
::::Elem 8, r/s 46% and c/p it above the "mirror" layer, moving to the far left
::::Elem44, c/p moving it behind the text on the bottom left side
::::Elem 16, r/s 50% and c/p below layer 15 and move to the right of the main tube.
::::Elem 27, r/s 90% and c/p below layer 11
::::Elem 99, r/s 50% and c/p below the text layers and tuck behind the "self" in yourself.
::::Elem 114, c/p and tuck behind your main tube
::::Elem 135, r/s 50% twice, c/p as a new layer.
::::Elem 89, c/p as a new layer and move to the left a bit.
::::Elem 117, c/p as a new layer and move it all the way down in your layers palette to just above the background layer.
::::Elem 123, r/s 55% and c/p as a new layer bringing it all the way to the top and tucking it behind the paper layers.
::::Elem 90, r/s 50% and then 20% and c/p to the top of your layer palette.  Move over to the left side and "hook them onto" the frame layer.

7. Crop and/or r/s as needed, add your artist's copyright information and your name, and you're done!

Click here to check out my Facebook Contest!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun