Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Retribution - a PTU tut


Tube -  I've used The Hunter's sexy new tube, "Dark Angel 2" which can be purchased at S&Co HERE. Please don't use without a license.  
Scrap Kit - Bibi created a stunning kit to match this tube, or any other gothic tube you have, entitled "Black Angel" and also at S&Co HERE  (63% off at this writing!!)
Mask - gemmasks-228 which you can find HERE 
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 Drop Shadow

-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise directed, add an EyeCandy drop shadow of  direction 315, distance 5, blur 10, opacity 35 with color #000000.

1. Open a new image 700 x 700 and f/f with white, we can crop and r/s later.  Add a new layer and select all.  Open paper 4 and c/p into selection, select none.  Apply gemmasks-228 and merge group, duplicate. Change the blend mode of the duplicate mask to screen, merge down.

2. For this tut, I highly recommend waiting until the very end before you add any drop shadows.  Open elem 38 and r/s 65%. C/p as a new layer moving it down towards the bottom of the mask.  This will be your foreground where your tube will sit.  Now open elem 110 and r/s them 93%, c/p as a new layer. Move this up till the bottom of the branches touch the top of the leaves foreground.  Open elem 6  and r/s 60% and c/p as a new layer, rename this layer "water".  Move it around so it's in the center of your tag, and down just a bit. You'll likely have to move around all of these elements now to be sure there are no edges showing and the pieces all fit together nicely. You now have your background scenery in place, almost.

4. Open elem 116 and c/p as a new layer and move to the right over the rocks, duplicate, mirror, merge down. In your layers palette, highlight the leaves layer.  Open elem 46 and r/s 50%, c/p as a new layer and move it around until none of the edges show.

5. Move to the top of your layer palette now and open your tube, r/s as needed.  C/p it as a new layer. Open elem 38 and r/s it 50%. C/p as a new layer and drop it under your tube layer moving it to the left of your tube. Using a headstone worthy font (I used copperplate gothic) write something on the headstone. 

6. Let's decorate a bit more - 
::::Open elem 7, c/p as a new layer and place in the opening of the fence, above it in your layer palette
::::Open elem 81 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer moving it to the left so it overlaps onto the headstone and appears to come from the opening in the fence.  
::::Open elem 114 and c/p as a new layer below your tube.
::::Open elem 3 and r/s 40%.  C/p and drop below the rock/water layer on the far left.  Duplicate & mirror.
::::Open elem 106 and r/s 60%. C/p above the rock/water layer and move to the far left. Duplicate & mirror.
::::Open elem 63 and r/s 40%. C/p above your tube layer and place between the tube and headstone.
::::Open elem 97 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer wherever you like. I put 3 of them flying about.
::::Open elem 48 and r/s 85%. C/p just above the mask layer.

7. To create your name the way I did, open elem 81, duplicate and close original. Rotate right, then free rotate 30 right.  Using a thick font, type your name out with a color of your choice (I used #9c684b) onto the element and convert it to a raster layer.  Move it around until it covers up the colors you want showing.  S/sa/fl/defl and on the element layer, promote selection to layer.  Bring it above your name and merge down. C/p it onto your tag.

Crop and/or r/s as needed, add your drop shadows now and the artist's copyright information, and you're done!

Click here to check out my Facebook Contest!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun