Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Here For You - a ptu charity tutorial

As promised yesterday, here is my tut using my part of the "Here For You" collaboration kit.


Tube - NONE - the puppy is in the kit!!
Scrap Kit - my portion of the "Here For You" collab kit sold at S&Co or in Spazz' Store.  By purchasing this incredible collection, you'll be helping out a family very much in need of our friendship right now. You can read all about this collection in the previous post below.
Mask - DD_BA_Mask by Dee of Dangerously Delicious Designz, which can only be found in her lovely 'Breakaway' kit. Dee has graciously given me permission to share this mask with you for the purpose of the this tut.  You'll find it in my supply zip.  Dee, you're an angel, thank you!!!
Template - A simple and beautiful template by Tonya, which you can find HERE.  Thanks T for posting it for me!!
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 Drop Shadow
Supply zip HERE - includes my watermark if you use the kit without a tube and Dee's beautiful mask (please don't change the filename). Put the mask into your masks folder.
-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise directed, add an EyeCandy drop shadow of direction 310, distance 4, blur 6, opacity 30 with color #000000.

1. Open up Tonya's template, shift D to duplicate and close the original.  Delete the credits and word art layer. Open Paper06 and r/s to 700 x 700, c/p as a new layer above the white background layer.  Locate the DD_BA_Mask and apply, merge group, duplicate and merge down.

2. Open Paper07 and r/s 75%. On the template, highlight the 'Main Heart' layer, s/sa/fl/defl and c/p the paper as a new layer, invert and tap delete. Select none.  Move up to the 'sparkle brush layer' and Adjust your brightness and contrast to 255 making it white, duplicate and merge down. Highlight the 'Heart BG' layer now, and change this layer to white as well.  Add a Gaussian Noise to it of monotone 50.

3. Highlight the "Heart with Render" layer. In the foreground of your Materials palette, put the color #bf5f5c.  Now grab your Target Brush with these settings:


Paint this layer in the template with your target brush twice to be sure you've covered it all. Once you're done, move the Sparkle layer up over it in your palette.

4. Highlight the "Doodle thingymabob" layer lol,  s/sa/fl/def and invert. Open Paper 13 and r/s 75%, then c/p it as a new layer and tap delete, select none. 

5. Now we're ready to decorate this cutie:
:::Open Elem11 and c/p as a new layer. Move the pup around till the middle of his head is even with the middle of the heart (reference my tag)
:::Open Elem26 and c/p as a new layer just above the doodle layer.  Bring it up so it's just under the pup, add a d/s of 2, 5, and 30
:::Open Elem 59 and r/s 85%. C/p just above the flower layer and rest it on top of the flowers.
:::Open Elem18 and r/s 90%. C/p it as a new layer below the pup layer.
:::Open Elem17 and r/s 50%, mirror.  C/p as a new layer and move it to the left of the pup.
:::Open Elem22, mirror and flip and r/s 50%. C/p it and move it so it's just in front of the triple heart element.  Duplicate, bring this layer above the pup in your layers palette and mirror.  Use your eraser to remove the stem from this side.  Grab your freeform selections tool and carefully trace around the pup's pay on the right, promote it to a layer and bring it up above the pine cone.
:::Open Elem21 and r/s 40%. C/p as a new layer and move it so it peeks out from behind the pup on the left side.
:::Open Elem39, repeat the step above but place it on the right side.
:::Open Elem31 and r/s 35%. C/p as a new layer and tuck it in behind the pinecone on your tag.
:::Open Elem29 and r/s 35%. C/p it on the right side tucking behind that pinecone.
:::Open Elem48 and c/p just below the pup layer, moving it till it suits you.

6. Crop and/or r/s as needed, add your artist's copyright information if you used a tube (or my copyright if you're using just the kit) and your name, and you're done!

Thank you so much for purchasing this kit to help Robyne out.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun