Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Nice Day - a ftu tut

Tube - I've used a simply precious tube by Sweet Doll Artist called "Amy", which can be purchased at Pics for Design HERE.  I used the close up of this tube, I just adore the faces on her newer work.
Scraps- I've used a Quick Page (QP) - "Pic Nic" by Mariscrap at Scraps from France HERE.  You will have to register for the store, but there are literally pages of goodies to be had. 
Mask - MPM_mask78 by Millie of Millie's PSP Madness HERE. Put into your masks folder and be sure you leave thanks for her hard work.
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 Glow & Drop Shadow - Optional but what I use for all of my tuts.
Font - Primavera - a pay to use font.
Sparkles - You'll need to supply your own, just dig them out of a kit.

-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
-------------------------------------------------
Quick Pages (QP) are the full size scrap world's equivalent of the freebie Cluster Frames offered by tagging scrap designers. They can be found everywhere for free, in scraps stores and on Designer's blogs, because they use them as a way to advertise what is in a full size larger kit they sell. Most taggers never give them a thought, but they can be a great source for quick tagging when time is short, and they look amazing when you add in an appropriate themed tube & the perfect mask.

1. Open up the QP and r/s to 800 x 800.  Add a new layer and f/f with white, and then drop it below the QP layer in your layers palette.

2. Grab your freeform selections tool and trace out the large butterfly, because we don't want to lose that pretty element to our mask.


Promote this selection to a layer, add a d/s of direction 338, distance 5, blur 10, opacity 26 with color #000000.

3. Highlight the QP layer in your palette. Find the MPM_mask78 and apply it, merge group.  This mask is perfect for this tag because it's completely transparent in the center where we want it, and has a nice fade out on the edges.  Likewise, this QP is perfect because the opening is right in the center of it, leaving plenty of room for a great mask to be added.

4. Now open your close up tube and r/s if needed.  C/p it onto the QP and center it so the bottom of the tube rests on the bottom of the opening on the QP.  Grab your freeform selection tool again, and trace around the bottom of the opening and promote it to a layer as well.  Bring this up in your palette above your tube so it appears your tube is coming out of the opening. Using this same method, grab some hair from the tube to bring above the previously promoted layer.  This gives more dimension to your finished tag.  

5. On the tube layer, add a d/s of direction 338, distance 5, blur 10, opacity 26, then repeat changing the direction to 213. Once you're satisfied with how everything looks, hide the white layer and copy merged and then paste as a new tag.  This gives you a better idea of the size of your finished tag than just cropping it out does.  Continue to r/s if needed, add your artist's copyright information and your name. You. Are. Done!!  Quick, easy and super cute!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun