Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Friday, March 13, 2015

Rock On! - a ptu tut

Before I get into my tut, I want to wish everyone a very Happy & Safe St. Patrick's Day!
Leave your car at home or be the designated driver for your party.
'Tis the day for spirits to be high, and much of the world joins in.

Tube - I've used Danny Lee's new tube "Rocker" which can be found HERE at S&Co. 
Scrap Kit - Kizzed by Kelz has a great matching kit, also called "Rocker" and it too can be found at S&Co HERE
Template - I've used my own Easter Template4 which you can find HERE. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see them.
Mask - I've used 2 from the WeeScottishLass; WSL_Mask 38 and WSL_Mask 239 which can be d/l'ed HERE, her masks are listed in the right sidebar.                         
Filters - Eye Candy 3.1 Drop Shadow
Font -  Bombing 
-------------------------------------------------
Tutorial abbreviations: 
s/sa/fl/defl/ = Selections/Select All/Float/Defloat
c/p = copy & paste
d/s = drop shadow
f/f = flood fill
r/s = resize
-------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise directed, add an EyeCandy drop shadow of direction 310, distance 3, blur 6, opacity 54 with color #000000.

1. Open my template, duplicate and close original.  Delete the credit layer, as well as 12 - 14 layers.  To give you room to work, change the canvas size to 750 x 700 and f/f the background layer with white to fill it in.  We can crop and/or r/s later on.

2. Highlight layer 10, s/sa/fl/defl and add a new raster layer.  Open pp15 and c/p into selection, select none.  Repeat these steps with pp5 on layer 4, and pp4 on layer 1.

3. Highlight layer 8 and s/sa/fl/defl.  Open pp16, r/s 75%  and c/p as a new layer and tap delete.  Repeat this step with layer 9 and pp17, and layer 8 with pp8.

4. Highlight layer 2, s/sa/fl/defl and add a new raster layer. Put a gradient of two colors from your tube (I used #d3dee0 and #000000) with a linear angle of 0 and repeats 4 into your foreground of your materials palette and f/f the new raster layer with it.  Repeat this with layers 6 and 11.  Add a d/s of direction 310, distance 7, blur 10, opacity 45 with color #000000 to each of these new layers.

5. Highlight the center black square (layer10) and open elem89, c/p as a new layer, tap it once with effects enhance and repeat the same heavy d/s.  Open and r/s your main tube as needed, c/p it as a new layer and move it to the right side of your tag.  S/sa/fl/defl and expand by 2, then add a new raster layer and drop it below your tube.  F/f this layer with white (#ffffff) and select none.  Merge these two layers and repeat the heavy d/s.

6. Now we'll add the elements...
:::Open elem15 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer moving to the left side of the tag.
:::Open elem12 and r/s 50%. C/p as a new layer and move to the upper left of the tag, keeping it within the boundaries of the teal paper.  Change the blend mode to screen.
:::Highlight the black center square.  Open elem101 and mirror. C/p as a new layer and change the blend mode to burn.  Be sure the bottom and top edges of the keyboard line up within the teal and purple square layers.
:::Open elem34 and flip. C/p as a new layer just under your tube layer and move to the bottom right so it's behind her leg and up just a bit.
:::Open elem20 and r/s 50%. C/p it and "hook" it onto the upper left corner.  Repeat the heavier d/s.
:::Open elem35 and r/s 50%, c/p as a new layer and place it between the speakers and the tube on the bottom of the tag.  Repeat heavy d/s.
:::Open elem80 and r/s 25%. C/p as a new layer to the bottom right corner of the tag, below the silver cutout heart. 
:::Open elem3 and c/p as a new layer just below your tube.  No d/s here.

7. Close off the white bg layer and merge visible.  R/s the merged layer 90% and open the white layer again.  Add a new raster layer above the bg layer and select all, c/p pp22 into the selection and hide this layer.  Add another raster layer and c/p pp20 into this selection, select none.  On the purple layer apply WSL_Mask 38 and merge group.  Unhide the blue layer and apply WSL_Mask 329, merge group, duplicate.  Merge visible and delete white bg layer.

8. Crop and/or r/s as needed, add your artist's copyright information and your name, and you're done!  I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and have fun with your Andy Warhol-ish tag!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun