Welcome

...to my Treehouse, where I do a bit of sharing goodies with my readers, and a lot of showing off of my CT tags. It's my little nest in the busy world of psp.

Squirrely has been my nickname since I was a child, both because it rhymes with my real name, and because I'm forgetful and just plain nuts at times. I've been tagging for 2+ decades off and on, and now that I'm retired/disabled I'm pretty much on most of the time now.

I love to share what I make with you, and I LOVE it when you respond with love back for the shares. So have a look around, take what you like and enjoy yourself. Just watch for splinters.

My Blinkie

Say Hello!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogs To Visit

CU Licenses

Monday, February 1, 2016

Mask Monday and Showoffs

Happy February!!

February has always been THE month in my family for big celebrations.  My mom and my sister's birthdays are this month, they are 2 of my favorite people.  My first grandson was born this month & Valentines Day is here, and whether in love or not, always a favorite day for me because it's just sweet and fun.  My mom is long gone I'm afraid, but my newest grandbaby lives 11,000 miles from me, so his 2nd birthday present (& I make his party decorations) goes out in the mail this month thanks to international mail being what it is, even though he was born on the first day of Spring. :)

February taketh away, but always giveth back.

Dee & Carita  have been VERY busy of late producing beautiful scrap kits for us to create our beautiful tags during this time leading up to Valentine's Day.  Whether you love it, or hate it, one of them has the kit for it.


Dee of Dees'Sign Depot released this adorable mini-kit a few weeks ago,

"Love's A Hoot"

In spite of my silly little tag below, this kit has a vintage feel to it with it's lush hues of soft reds, greens and tans.  And mini kits have mini prices too remember lol.  Is this tube by Alicia Mujica the cutest or what??


Carita has been hard at work as well with a sweetly sentimental kit that made me think of my furbabies, and how they hate when I leave them at home.

This kit has lovely shades of rich sable brown and deep red, with highlights of a brocade beige.  You could easily use 'SMYCK' for a steam punk Valentines tag, looking at my cutesy tag you can see the versatility of the kit.  I made the frame to look like a little dog house while "she" holds the keys so I can't leave the house lol.  I TOLD you I often make up stories for my tags, don't judge me lol.  This one is based on real life however, as I have a little Jack Russell that looks exactly like this cutie. ;)



And don't forget, these are your last 4 days to take advantage of
Mirella's Retirement Sale!
She's been around the tagging community for as long as I can remember, and has always been very generous with freebies for us all, I'm sure you have at least one in your arsenal.  She's also one of these sweetest people I know, and I don't say that lightly. Please take a moment to look through her store and make a purchase, as every cent of your purchase Mirella uses for her chemo medication as she fights stage 3 and can no longer work.  
Quite literally, every dollar could help save her life.





And it's Monday so that means new Squirrely masks for you!!  I was feeling rather "January blue" when I made these and felt it was time to make some lemonade out of  the lemons that life's been throwing at me and my family lately, and these masks reflect it.  I love text and quotes, and the square mask has some of my favorite go-to quotes when I'm feeling down.  You have to remind yourself that whatever it is, it's not the end of the world unless you allow it to be.  The 2nd mask are made with PINK's lyrics.  'nuff said there I think.



Download masks HERE and enjoy them!!



5 comments:

Magda said...

Sooooooooo cute!! Both tags are awesome.
By the way... thanks so much for the masks!!

Sandra said...

lovely masks thank you :)

Gayle said...

Thank you so much!! Awesome masks!!!

thank you so much for sharing !

Kim L said...

Thanks so much. These are great masks:)

Post a Comment

Fav Forums

I CT For

Search

Archives

Fav Designers

Scrappy Bit of Fun